I think those are roots.

Seeds seem to sprout the root out first. It turns down and finds a
foot-hold in the earth, then the head stands up, shakes off the seed
shell and reaches for the sky.

On 8/30/2013 2:55 AM, David Mann wrote:
I forgot to ask... is that hairy stuff on the root normal or is it a
fungus?  The seed-raising mix claims to contain an anti-fungal but
I'm having visions of last years attempt at growing seeds.

If everything grows I'm going to have trouble finding places to put
them... in the tray I have 16 each of sunflowers, jalapeƱos, peas
(for our goldfish), sweet peas and basil.

Cheers, Dave

On Aug 30, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Daniel J. Matyola <danmaty...@gmail.com>