While I'm looking into my options for hardware upgrades, I've got one
question.  For photo editing, how does the performance of fusion versus
Solid State Drives compare?

Caching works, a modern computer has a total of about six levels of caching
between the processor, and the data on the spinny metal disk.  I could see how
a fusion drive could give 90% of the performance of an SSD for a fraction of
the cost, or how it might even work better than separate SSD and spinny drives
because you don't have to choose what files you put on which drive.

I can also see how it might end up having very little performance advantages
over spinny drives in some situations.

Anybody have any experience, or benchmarks?

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc