Thanks for looking and commenting Ann.

Yes, I know that the proper name is "gills," but this is designed as
an abstract image, so I wanted another name.  I first chose "ridges,"
but changed my mind and were with "vanes," even though I am not
totally happy with that name either.

Like most Eastern Europeans, my father loved mushrooms, and grew his
own.  He also collected them in the wild, but only a few species that
he knew very well and was confident they were safe.

I don't think the "globby things" are the result of decay;  I am
positive this specimen was less than 24 hours old, as I cleared that
particular area of all the other (and uglier) mushrooms the previous
evening, the keep my dog from eating them.
Dan Matyola