Pat,

I suspect that the problem is with the return spring (it does not return
like the other two tubes), but I am not too confident about opening the
back to check it out.  I am afraid that the spring will pop out, etc...
 Have you opened an extension tube before?  Is it easy to reset the spring
properly?

Thanks!

--
Jose R. Rodriguez