55 years ago, when there were no crooks around, you could leave your doors
unlocked at night, windows open on hot nights, car keys in the ignition, and
the bank would call you before you overdrew your account. Of course, a call to
you uncle two states away cost $6.00 for 10 minutes as well!

The police at the time recommended you engrave your Social Security Number on
any items of value, so they could just call the SSA, and find out who to return
the stolen item to.

Thieves would scratch out the SS#, as would anyone to whom you sold a piece of
your gear. Much collectible photo gear, bicycles, tools, transistor radios etc.
were rendered valueless.

The cops never reimbursed us for the loss in value, either.

Bastards!

On Sep 6, 2013, at 14:18 , Zos Xavius wrote:

> Ugh! Why would anyone do that?! :(
>
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a genuine Tamron PK/A Adaptall 2 mount that I will sell for $75
>> plus shipping.
>>
>> I also have a Super Takumar 1:2/35 that is in MINT condition except
>> for one aspect. The previous owner has scratched out the word "Asahi"
>> and "Takumar" on the front ring. It comes complete with it's original
>> case and the rectangular hood (in it's own case). The Hood also has
>> one word scratched out, apparently for easy identification purposes.

Joseph McAllister
Too much gear, not much time