I should add that the *ist D and a filter makes a great infrared
camera WITHOUT conversion too, as our own Mark Cassino shows:
http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/cat49/
The only disadvantage is that you have longer shutter speeds so it
normally needs to be tripod mounted. Doing the conversion allow you to
handhold most IR exposures and use the camera's metering system.

--
Nothing is sure but death and Pentaxes.