I went to a fun party last night in San Francisco. Apart from schlepping
everything from parking, down past the legion of honor down to the beach.
And back up.  That wasn't entirely fun.
I spent a big part of the evening helping a friend take videos of the
evening. She wanted to use my IR rig for video, and there were some
technical difficulties, in part because I neglected to recharge the
battery.

I did get some fun photos. These two are likely the best of the more
interesting photos:

Couple on the beach.  I had set the caemra up to do some long exposres
and this couple wandered into the frame, so I used them as a compositional
element.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/9887455644/

Walking back to the car, I kept wanting to get some shots of the
golden gate bridge, and resisting the impulse because it was
after all, 3:30 am.  Finally a vista opened up that I couldn't
resist.  I was so busy trying to get things set up and the
shots taken quickly, that I didn't even notice the ship at the time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/9887568913/

If you're interested in the rest of the set (many shot with the IR
flash)
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157635783040256/

And, yes, we did have a live band down at the beach.  The weather, to
my surprise, was also perfect.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc