I'm sure I've shared at least one photo of this man here before, but he happens to be one of my favorite subjects and someone for whom I have undying personal admiration. His name is Jimmy Moore, and he's a Korean War-era Army veteran. He just missed deployment when they deactivated his division, the 11th Airborne, which he signed up for simply because they were training at Ft. Campbell at the time, which would allow him to drive back home to his favorite party town, a.k.a. Cairo, IL. He's 80 years old and still as strong as an ox.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/9901114106/#large
K-5, FA 50/1.7, 1/80, ISO 3200, f/2.8

He'll probably be around quite a while longer, but when he does eventually go, I'll be glad I have this photo to give to his family.

Comments are, as always, welcome.

-- Walt