Followed a link to the former President of Pentax Imaging's blog
(where he posts infrequently). I hadn't visited in a while. His most
recent posts are about the Ricoh GR, which he seems to be having fun
with. I found one interesting idea that he played with, that would
also be easy for Pentax users to do (particularly if you were one of
the PDMLers who got the free Nik Software recently).

Here is the post:
http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/2013/06/using-gr-in-camera-effects.html

If you shoot RAW+ you will always have an undisturbed RAW file and you
can process JPEG copies in-camera, using the various filters. As you
probably know, most of the in-camera filters also have various
settings for more variability. Once you have some in-camera-processed
JPEGs you can try doing different effects with each of them using
Color Efex (or Silver Efex Pro, if you want the final result to be
B&W/monochrome).

If nothing else, this is a way to have a little fun at the computer
with your image collection, for when you can't be out shooting new
stuff.

--
Nothing is sure but death and Pentaxes.