So it turns out when I fell and bent my A35-105 the other day, I also
didn't notice that I damaged my mirror box. I realized it was out of
alignment and was hoping the ring was just deformed. Turns out two
screws are stripped and the whole box is warped. Damn. Just got this
K-7 too. I figure CRIS is going to want 2-300 for a new mirror box,
which is what the camera is worth. Tempted to swap the good one from
my old K-7 myself, though I know it would be impossible to verify/fix
alignment issues. I guess I just limp along with my failing but still
somewhat faithful k-7. I'm going to send my k-5 in finally tomorrow to
see if CRIS will fix the sensor under warranty. If not, that's another
400 I'm going to have to magically find right now. Really not having
any luck at all with gear this year. In fact its been about the worst
luck ever. Grrrrrrrrrr. On top of that all I have two 16-45s that need
tightened, realigned, a 12-24 that I need to fix the mount on, an
M28/3.5 that needs the aperture blades freed and a CLA....two broken
flashes with one being worth the money to fix.... I'd start playing
the lottery, but given my luck as of late, it probably wouldn't help.