It was a bad cable box...

I got a new HD one .. and , jsut for good measure ... a nicely inexpensive HD TV 24" as large as I could tolerate.. Now I have the 24" in the main viewing area (my office) , the old sd set in the kitchen attached to the cable box with RCA cables, and one in the bedroom attached with red/green/blue rca cables. Now I don't have to move any of them .

The TV was $149 and "I dont have to pay for it" because I have a
PC Richard credit card :-)

2 month in advance birthday present to myself

ann