A disposable film camera? Seriously - why bother with digital when even the
most basic have more bells and whistles than most people can use or even
understand.
Or maybe an iPhone of a couple of generations ago - use it only for photos . .
. Oh, you said Not an iPhone. You might want toreconsider.

My mother was a bad but persistent snap-shooter almost up to the end. She liked
the little clam shell Olympus 35mm P&S; before that she used a disc camera,
before that a Rollie 6x6.

stan