That's what might have happened to me, apparently. I have created an acct with Adobe when I bought LR some years ago. Just got my e-mail from them wherein they deeply apologized and had me reset my pwd for my Adobe ID or whatever.

I don't believe I gave them my credit card info, but it stinks nonetheless.