On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 01:42:33PM -0700, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
> Aren't the Pentax K5, K5II, K5IIs and K3 all magnesium alloy bodied camera?
> That's what it says on DPR.

In much the same way that the Saturn is a steel bodied car.  Structurally, the
body
is metal, but the outer layer is plastic.  The displays, buttons etc. seem to be
mounted to the plastic, and the plastic seems to provide much or all of the
sealing.

> No matter. I took one look at the silver, my head said "ugly" and I haven't
> looked at it again. Yuck.

That can't be right, that would mean that you and I have congruent
aesthetic judgements on something.  :-)

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc