My mother is in Winmalee; the Springwood fire got into her street
(Muru Ave) but 400m downhill from her, and moved away.

We went through the same thing in 1994, but you never get used to it.

We're coming up to Sydney on Thursday night (we now live in Melbourne,
900km south); I'm concerned about what I'll see.

Ciao,

Pete Mac in Melbourne