Thanks. I was just curious about them. The comments on R Monagha's
site are positive abuot the original rollei (zeiss) mutars, somewhat pos about the
tele for Y and somewhat neg about the wide for Y.

BTW, I have seen several Rollefielxes (I have and used some older
ones, prewar) but Yashicas are clearly better in their focusing screen. Yes,
Planar is better than Tessar design by many degrees, but so is the
price. If I bought a Rollei (a 2.8 Planar tempts me, in such a small
box. Although I love the early, smaller Standard Rolleiflex '35), I
would have the screen changed to a beattie/microprism. The original
screen really "sucks" (sorry Wendy, but it's been long time somebody
used this word <g>). Why did Franke und Heidecke they put such stupid screen on
otherwise
great camera ?!?

Frantisek