On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/21/2013 9:28 PM, Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote:
>>
>>      == THE DILEMMA ==
>>
>>      Therefore my question (or questions) is:  is there any chance that
>> a K-mount mirrorless will appear in the "near" future (i.e. 6 months
>> till it hits the shelf)?  Or should I buy the K-01 while it's still
>> available in stock (I know it's out of production)?
>>
>>      Or have I missed something which advises against the K-01?  (I
>> must note that I haven't read too many reviews...)
>

> The only thing that I don't like about K-01 is that you cannot attach a EVF
> to it - you absolutely have to focus/compose by the screen. In the bright
> light this may prove an issue.

    The lack of an EVF was also a concern to me.  However even though
my old Fuji had one, I've seldom used it (mainly due to low resolution
and small size), thus my feelings are mixed about this...

> I don't grok though why you have so much trouble with using your Pentax
> lenses on other cameras. All mirrorless (or most of them) cameras can be
> used with Pentax lenses via adapter. I have one such adapter for Leica
> M-mount, so that I can use my A50/1.2 on Ricoh GXR. You still get focus
> peaking and semi-auto mode (you set aperture on the lens, camera sets the
> rest - shutter speed and ISO). It works really well.

    I don't think that an adapter would be the best approach, mainly
because I own only two "digital" lenses (and if I'm to buy new ones it
would be of this sort).  Thus no aperture ring.  Besides that I'm not
sure that manual focus is that accurate on these lenses...

> As for your original question - I couldn't possibly tell whether a follow up
> to K-01 will come. I would say that it is possible but with rather low
> probability but it is just a guess.

    That was my feeling also...

    Thanks for the feedback!
    Ciprian.