When Karin and I went to the White Sox game in Chicago, we were
mystified by lots of things including the signs that said something
like "tailgating is permitted in lots A and B before the game only".
To us Brits, tailgating is following someone too close or following
someone through a barrier to avoid payment or security so we wondered
why anyone would want to do it before a game, but not after. We did
work it out after a while.

That common language again...
Chris