I use my cameras far too seldom, that's what.

"Liten kos" means "small hug" or something similar. The fawn was still walking very unsteadily, so I think it was no more than a couple of hours old. Apparently, the hind had given birth on a field just next to Road 17, a major thoroughfare on the Northern Norway coastline. We originally stopped to photograph a buck on the same field, which probably was looking to mate with the hind (they're receptive just after giving birth). So we took off down a dirt road to see if we could get closer, and happened upon these two at a range of about 60 meters (shot made with K-5 and Sigma 500/4.5, and cropped a fair bit). We didn't advance further, and fortunately we didn't stress them much. Great experience.

Thanks for looking and commenting, Chris.

Jostein

-----Opprinnelig melding----- From: Chris Mitchell

Not very productive eh? Looks pretty good to me. Liten Kos is
particularly charming.

Have a great time in California and say "hi" to Larry and Godfrey for me.
Chris