HI Ken -

I bought a Bolt VM-110 LED Ringllight for macro work earlier this year. I have to say that I found it to be of marginal use for outdoor macros. It says it is GN 15' @ ISO 100. I figured that would be bright enough but it falls short even for fill light in bright sun. By contrast, the relatively low powered AF360FGZ is GN 98.5 @ ISO 100. Not sure of the GN on those models you are considering.

I bought the Bolt to use with the Q. One of its limitations is that when using a lens without a leaf shutter, the body can only synch the electronic shutter with a flash at 1/3rd of a second. I got the Bolt light in hopes of circumventing this limitation when using the K mount adapter, but it is of limited use.

Mark