I have both the M 4/20mm and the FA* 2/24 mm. In a comparision of these
lenses for nature photography I can say that the distortion of the 20 is
definitly larger than of the 24.

Concerning sharpness, between f5.6 and f16 the 24 is sharper, but this
does not mean that the 20 is not sharp. For landscapes with a very near
foreground the sharpness is good enough for large prints (from Velvia
and Provia F which I use).

There is only one drawback. If you would like to use it for hiking, from
the first point of view, the 20 seems to be very small and fits in a
very small bag. But if you use filters forget about using a 49 which
fits right in. It will cause huge vignetting. I use my 67 filters from
the 24 with a 49-67 step-up ring, that works with one filter (even with
a thick polarizer), but it enlarges the diameter of the lens which
prevents using a really small bag.

Regards

Bernd