P.J. Alling wrote:

>http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/an_appeal_for_divergence_and_simplicity.shtml

Excellent article. Thanks for pointing it out since I almost never
look at Luminous Landscape any more (that site used to be a daily
"must read" before it became a kind of "Robb Report for cameras"). A
lot of designers need to re-read Donald Norman's "The Design of
Everyday Things" (I'm assuming most read it – or were supposed to – in
school).

I still find the control layout of my Sony A850 generally superior to
that of my Pentax K5 for a lot of the reasons he discusses (though the
Pentax lens release and DOF preview are much superior to Sony's).

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com