Thanks Godders for the edits. I do like your changes and will keep
them in mind for the future.

Appreciate the words of caution, also Bob. I've dealt with Readers
Digest before. They paid for a humor piece I wrote and that they
published last year (after trying to get it for free first). Also they
contacted me simulatanously through multiple channels (including
Flickr Mail).

UPDATE: they responded in less than 35 minutes with this:
"Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. As of now, the image
hasn't been selected yet, but we'd like to know if it is available for
stock usage (for a single use, print only). I'll be in touch soon
about more details."

So, we'll see. It probably depends upon how many other images they
have in the mix and how many of them are giving them to them for free
(and how well they like this image as compared to them).

--
Nothing is sure but death and Pentaxes.