I just heard back from CRIS on my K-5 that I sent in with a failing
sensor. Despite the LCD cover being obviously scratched and popped off
and the dented bottom plate it looks like they are going to fix it all
under warranty! This is like the best news I've heard all year and I
was so reluctant to send it in. It was my birthday last week, so I
guess this is like a hidden surprise present. I'm totally broke at the
moment and had no idea how I was going to pay for my K-5 to get fixed.
Now I can focus on fixing my 2 16-45s, selling one, fixing my 12-24,
and getting my better k-7 body fixed up and I shall soon have a
respectable kit once again. Of course its waiting for parts. CRIS
never seems to ever have parts. Its been there for over a week now, so
hopefully it won't take too long......fingers crossed!

-z-