On Oct 29, 2013, at 6:30 AM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2013, at 3:54 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>> On Oct 27, 2013, at 3:31 PM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> What about this?: 50-200 F4-5.6 SMC DA ED WR.
>>

>> Excellent choice.
>
> Darn! I dithered and it got away from me. Non-WR versions are available even
> more cheaply. I think I’ll hold out for the WR version. I’m guessing, though,
> they don’t show up very often. Currently none at KEH or B&H or on eBay.

Checked these stores today and it showed up at B&H with their next to highest
used equipment rating at a little less than what KEH was asking and $100 less
than new. I didn’t dither this time. Soon I’ll be trying out George’s
suggestions.

While I’m at it, and indulging a little laziness, what do the DA and ED
abbreviations abbreviate?

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle