Igor, can't you use "subst" command and assign another "virtual" drive letter to the same physical drive?

This little program:
http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/visual-subst.html

may help you to make your virtual arrangement more permanent as you can make it run at start time and restore the subst drives even before you run your LR.