Ah, such confusion. My pusher calls me today and apologizes for giving me bad information. A senior moment it seems. Anyway, the silver edition really is a few hundred dollars more than the black one. Being the forgiving sort that I am, and seeing as how he had a black kit with the 18-135 lens sitting on his desk waiting for me, I let it slide, and I am now the proud owner of a K-3.
He did give me a very good deal on a couple of big cards.

bill