On Nov 2, 2013, at 3:01 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:

> on the K-3 in addition to Distortion Correction and Lateral Aberration
> Correction, they have added "Peripheral Illumination Correction"

I've been thinking about this function. The lens correction functions only work
on more recent DA-era lenses: DA, DA-L, and D-FA plus the 31/43/77mm Limiteds.
10-17 Fisheye excluded.

I don't recall any discussion about a big issue with vignetting on any of these
lenses. They could be just trying to stretch the IQ just a bit more, correcting
possible minor issue. OR Maybe this new correction function was developed for a
FF under development? A step in the direction of (somewhat) supporting APS-C
lenses on the FF sensor?

stan