Congratulations, Stan. It would seem that you're among the earliest adopters...

On 11/4/2013 7:33 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:
The K-3 looks like the various pictures of it that you have all seen.
The K-3 looks very much like the K-5/K-5ii/K-5iis, with the exception of the
few obvious changes in button location, the infamous headphone connector bulge,
etc. It is different but in very subtle ways. The RRS L-bracket for the K-5
fits, but not quite exactly. I haven't tried the Kirk standard bracket yet.
The changes in button design and location are all good IMHO.
A few quirks/changes in standard functions. E.g., when Reviewing an image, the
Up and Down arrow buttons are used to change the display rather than repeated
presses on the Info button. No big deal, just a minor difference.

Reports on whether it actually takes decent images will need to wait until
after I do some raking and bagging of leaves on the lawn.

The AF540FGZ II is very nearly the exact size as my AF360FGZ (which I believe
was smaller than the AF540FGZ).
The AF540FGZ II control panel is laid out quite differently from the AF360FGZ.
A glance at the manual however leads me to believe that while the UI has
changed, nothing has changed in the basic functionality.
The manual is both English and Japanese and is thus twice the size it would
need to be for one language.

I suspect it is going to take some study and experimentation before I get
comfortable with this unit. It was only recently that I started using my
AF360FGZ and am still a novice with flash, particularly off-camera wireless
flash. We'll see if I can integrate the two units together . . .

And now to tackle those wonderful fall-color leaves that are burying my yard.

stan