On 03/11/2013 9:01 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Don't know what you're looking at. The ISO 51,200 image of a night skyline on
page 7 is presentable. The ISO 3200 version of the same shot shows little
noise. The ISO 1600 BW street scene on page 2 is noise free. All very
encouraging. Of course noise levels are highly dependent on rendering
technique, so any final determination of how it compares to my K-5 will have to
wait until I can use the camera.

Lets also not forget that downsampling the 24mp image to 16mp tends to reduce apparent noise as well. I'm going through work hell for the next couple of days, but perhaps I'll do a comparison between the K5 and K3 at higher ISO just for giggles.

bill