On 06/11/2013 7:16 PM, knarf wrote:
Not sure how this might be received, but I must admit I'm rather pleased at how
it turned out:

http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.ca/2013/11/down-and-out.html?m=1

Rarely am I roused to comment on a picture shown to this group of friends by one of our friends. Mostly, this is for the best, and this would be one of those time when staying silent would be for the best. Sadly, I do not always serve anyones best interests, and this is going to be one of those times. First, a preamble. I don't pretend to "get" street photography, but I do feel that a good photograph will speak directly to me through my eyes, and I will understand it, at least on some level. Unfortunately for this photograph, it does speak to me, but in a whiny, I want to be edgy, but I come up short sort of way. This image screams "Look at me, look at how clever I am. I have Mr. Urban Dog Walker and a down and out Hobo in the same picture, and look at how cleverly crooked I am framed". This is the picture that walks into the bar and no one will talk to because it has nothing to say, but keeps saying it anyway. This picture is like Boy George. Cool once to a mindset more interested in sizzle than steak, but just a talentless schmuck to those of us who cut our teeth on the real thing.
Fuck, you couldn't drink this picture good.

HAR!!

bill