Dnia 8-04-2002 o godz. 1:55 T Rittenhouse napisal(a):
> Because when you use the flash on manual, it uses the full
charge of the
> condensers for each shot. That means it has to do a full
recycle. On auto it
> just uses part of the charge and only has to do a partial
recharge.
> Depending on the distance that can be very short or almost as
long as on
> manual.
>
> Ciao,
> Graywolf
> http://pages.prodigy.net/graywolfphoto

OK. That's all true but what it has to do with a problem that
Jeff described:

> > > Using the flash, there
> > > seems to be a long time delay between the mirror
> > > moving up and the shutter
> > > actually firing.  When I remove the flash, the
> > > camera works normally, with
> > > no noticeable delay.

What you wrote is exactly how flashes work - full power on
manual and power adjusted to the needs when in auto. But how
would it affect the time between raising mirror and firing a
shutter?
To Jeff - although I don't know the explanation to your problem
(I use Pentax 201SA flash and nothing like this ever happened to
me) there is a possitive part of it. Your MZ-M has a mirror
prefire right now! :-)

Maciej