Over the years I've pretty much perfected my printing workflow. I use an Epson
2880 and never have a problem with clogged heads. I use only Epson ink and keep
a fresh supply on hand.  I print on Epson Ultra Premium Luster paper My files
are in Prophoto RGB color space, 16 bit and PhotoShop controls color when
printing.  I  calibrate my monitor about twice a month. I believe my prints are
as close a match to what I see on the screen as is possible. I rarely have to
make a second print. I've ordered prints from labs that supply an ICC profile,
including some of those most highly recommended here. They do good work, but
with the tweaks I can apply to my own output, I can top it. Plus, my cost for a
13 x 19 print is only about $3.