I've been slowly working my way through an e-book: The Digital Negative: RAW
Image Processing in Lightroom by Jeff Schewe. Peachpit Press, 2013. His style
is to include many anecdotal side notes about how Lightroom was developed and
how and why it differs from Photoshop. Reading it probably wouldn't change your
opinion about the stupid incompatibilities, but may help you to understand why
they are there. Besides which, I am finding it an interesting and useful read.

stan