Minor detail: what happens if you only have one card in the K-3, and use slot
#2 rather than #1?

On the way out to dinner last night I grabbed the K-3, neglected to get the
card from the reader where I had been downloading some afternoon playing-around
shots. But I did have a card in the #2 card slot. When I remembered that #1 was
empty, I chose to leave #1 empty. No hiccup, no issue whatsoever.

Most of the time most people will probably use the camera as intended: with a
card in both slots, #2 used either for a wireless card, for the jpg destination
when shooting RAW+ , as a redundant backup when shooting RAW, or as a second
card to write to when #1 fills up. But shooting with only one card is allowed,
and the one card can be in either slot without any additional setup.

stan