I think it was Larry who suggested a shot of the moon with a reasonably good
lens . . .

This is with the DA* 300/4.0, ISO400.  Conditions not quite ideal, patchy
clouds and mist, but this was at a relatively clear point.

I tried some other shots with the 60-250/4.0 but was never able to achieve a
good focus. I had a turkey perched, roosting in a tree with the moon over its
shoulder,  but had no decent shots. Next time I'll start with that before my
hands get too cold.

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/h355d86ba#h29a089b

stan