Collin, here are my two totally uneducated cents:

1. The difference between the coatings will probably be all but
insignificant. I think it is more a marketing exercise that true
technology. That is not to say that they've just renamed the SMC. They
did change the coatings, but SMC is extremely good as it is.

2. No clue here. I assume it be quiet (as opposed to silent) and more
reliable than SDM, but please notice - I'm assuming.

--
Boris