On 11/21/2013 11:43 PM, Alan C wrote:
Pentax products have always been available in SA through the efforts
of a couple of maverick importers but at almost twice the US price. A
K3 body will set you back the equiv. of $2000. Nevertheless, there
are still buyers!

Now, New Teltron, the franchisor of the Foto First labs around the
country which concentrates on Fuji products, has announced that it is
 the official importer of Pentax (Ricoh) products. It seems they are
 going to slowly build up the range available and have started with a
 K500 kit promotion at a little over $600. A couple of DA lenses & a
 range of binoculars are also available. It will be interesting to
see if they can make inroads against Fuji, Canon & Nikon which are
very strong here.

Alan C

Meanwhile here in the USA ... FWIW

I had some time in Costco the other day while I was waiting to have my
tires rotated. I checked out their in-store "shop Costco on the
internet" kiosk while I was waiting. You can order K-50 & K-30 kits from
Costco, along with a WG-3 kit.

Still can't actually find Pentax in the store though.