----- Original Message -----
From: Shel Belinkoff
Subject: Re: OT: helmets -was: Holding a camrea

> Oddly enough, I'm not in favor of most helmet laws, believing
that
> adults should have the freedom to splatter their brains all
over the
> roadway, if they so desire.

Depends on where you live. You don't have socialized health
care, so your society is under no compulsion beyond human
compassion to try to stuff your brains back into your skull when
you go splat.
You buy your health insurance, and you take your chances.
If a society has to pay to fix you up as part of it's social
charter with it's citizens, then it also has a right to tell you
to wear appropriate protective gear.

William Robb