I've had all the gear I need/want and have had it for several years.
When I was still getting gear, I always went for new first.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Halpin" <s...@stans-photography.info> Subject: Re: FSF: K-5 (Canon ee-S, magnifying eye piece), DA 21, DFA 50 macro

On Dec 3, 2013, at 9:05 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Miserere <miser...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:
Now I am starting to wonder too, just like Miserere.

I seem to be offering sensible gear for sensible money and no one
appears to be interested...

What is wrong?

Boris

Maybe we didn't use enough deodorant...? :-D

There's no spare cash around because everyone is saving up for the
full frame Pentax that is absolutely, positively guaranteed, and a
dead certainty to be rumoured to come out in 2014.

--
-bmw

Except for Bill and me, there just doesn't seem to be the same level of passion for acquiring new or new used gear within this group. And that has been true for a couple of years now. The last two times I tried to sell good quality modern lenses and/or cameras, everything went to eBay after first being offered here. (Offered here at a lower price than I netted via eBay, so I don't think my prices were off the mark.) I think in part it is due to having relatively few new members here. Those who have been here awhile have long since settled on the best kit for their purpose that their financial circumstances will allow. It is going to be a rare event when your lens or camera body for sale happens to show up on PDML just at the time someone is ready and able to buy that particular item.

stan