Also, most really good slot canyon shots are taken with overhead sunlight to open up the colors in the canyon. I've never shot in one, but I know there are photogs that will plan their photos around the time of day when the slots are illuminated by the sun.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <godfreydigio...@me.com>
Subject: Re: PESO - Valley Of Fire

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Alunfoto - Jostein Øksne

This place is more amazing than Zion, IMHO.

http://alunfoto.blogspot.no/2013/12/valley-of-fire.html

The problem with Slot Canyon when you live around the SF Bay Area is the sheer number of outstanding photos you've seen from this location due to the many many many workshop participants who follow Bruce Barnbaum (http://www.barnbaum.com/) there. Not to say your photos are poor, Jostein, but it's like sunsets: having been bombarded with images of that area, my eyes are too tired and inhibited to see much there any more. :-\