Larry:

Dance photography: yep.

As for Sigma, - I don't hate Sigma lenses, I don't even have one.
:-)

Igor

PS. Oops.. I do have, exactly one Sigma lens. I got a 28/1.8 from
one of the PDMLers almost 3 years ago.
It was very handy for some applications, and I've got a few very good
shots with it. But it is not on the "short list" of lenses that travel
with me all the time.

Tue Dec 3 17:18:53 EST 2013
Larry Colen wrote:

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 04:12:57PM -0500, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody on the list has used
> Sigma AF 18-35MM F/1.8 DC HSM yet.
> It doesn't seem to be available yet for Pentax:
> Adorama and B&H have it listed as "available for preorder".
>
> But it seems to have been available in other mounts. Hence, I wonder
> if somebody has any first impression about it.

There are various reviews and hands-on reports on the lens
findable with google-fu.  People seem to like it.
It is high on my list of lenses to keep an eye on. It would be
very handy for indoor dance photography, though I suspect that
may have already crossed your mind.

> Igor
>
> PS. Die-hard Sigma haters do not need to worry about responding. :-)

Sigma really does seem to be changing their tune lately. They also
build a lot of lenses that I wish Pentax did, like a 30/1.4, 85/1.4
etc.