Sun Dec 8 09:55:19 EST 2013
Attila Boros wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM, Larry Colen <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:
>
> > On the subject of some people finding any nudity to be sexual:
> > http://thefeministbreeder.com/why-subscribe/tfb-banned-facebook/
>
> I agree that no sane person would find that sexual. However the FB
> terms of service is meant to deal with the abnormal cases.
>
> "You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or
> pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or
> gratuitous violence."

What a hideous use of language. They need grammar police.
Their lawyers must have had a C- in English composition.

> "We can remove any content or information you post on Facebook if we
> believe that it violates this Statement or our policies."
> They enforce it very strictly, not so much for our protection, but to
> avoid getting themselves into trouble because some user posted
> something that _might_ cause a lawsuit. But there are much stranger
> terms:

It is very likely that the photo was in the first place reported by one
of the people who didn't like the success of that woman's blog
(which is a money-earning website). Competitors?

But even within those rules, the question is what does one define as
"nudity". A woman without burqa - does it fall in that category?

Igor