On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 03:02:32PM -0600, Darren Addy wrote:

> The other lens is also a Tamron SP (that needs no introduction): The
> Tamron 60B SP 300mm F2.8
> http://www.antiqueauto.org/assets/60B-CL-EDITED.png
> It looks to be in far better condition than most I've seen for sale
> and it comes with BOTH matching long lens Tamron TCs, the 1.4x and the
> 2.0x. These are highly regarded TCs and will give me an effective
> 420mm f/4 and 600mm f5.6 (or effective FOVs of 450mm, 630mm, and 900mm
> on an APS-C camera.

Congratulations.  I have one of those.  I was lamenting on facebook
that there was one for sale on craigslist, and I couldn't reach the
seller.  A friend told me that he had one gathering dust and offered it
to me for a very good price.  As I was picking it up, he mentioned that
he had bought it from his friend John Francis.

In any case, it's the lens I plan on using the next time I try to photograph
Andromeda.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc