6 whole years huh? most of my K M and A lenses are at least 30 years old and have never failed yet.

On 12/18/2013 11:17 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:
Hi Igor:  I would just like to add that my DA* 50-135 failed after 6 years of
service. I purchased it in 2007.  Worked beautifully the whole time, then it
got tired, I suppose :-).
Cheers, Christine

On Dec 18, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org> wrote:

Thanks a lot to all who responded (wow, there were many responses, -
and many people who dealt with the failed SDM!).
I didn't have a chance to clean the contacts and re-check the mount yet.
I'll report back when I have updates on the issue.

Igor

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:57:04 -0500 (EST)
From: Igor Roshchin

I have a question for those people who had SDM (or in general, lens
chip) failed and replaced.

I see that with one of the SDM lenses my K5 has the aperture and speed
settings rapidly (as in crazily) fluctuating. (And the focus shows "MF",
regardless of the focus selector position.)
I was wondering if this is one of the symptoms of the failed chip or
that could be for a different reason.

When I had a previous chip failure, I didn't see anything like this.
When the chip failed in your lens, did you see this type of a
fluctuation?
I wonder if could be something else that happened to the lens.

Igor

J.C. O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net