On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:39:59PM -0700, Bill D. Casselberry wrote:
>  Nitin wrote:
>
> > Right, and Churchill ... <snip> ... riches of the
> > colonies spontaneously moved to england on its own.
>
>       C'mon. Let's please not get into dredging up accusations
>       regarding things of the past - we are all where we are
>       today (be that what it might be) due to the accumulated
>       bits of history - the good, the bad & the ugly combined.

Doesnt always work. Did the US govt say that to sept 11 and move on ?
All I am saying is, not the whole world thinks of the queen mum as
heroic or charming or whatever. There are people to whom she was (and
justifiably so to themselves) the symbol of their continuing misery. To
them it doesnt matter if she was charming and a well mannered polite
person. For them her "civilized" behaviour only makes her uglier and
disgusting in what she silently supported.

So while many may rightly feel loss at her death, there are others in
the world who are, again rightly, not at all unhappy about her death.