On Jan 10, 2014, at 6:32 pm, knarf <knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably the worst part of cycling on snowy days in Toronto is navigating the
> streetcar (tram) tracks that are everywhere downtown. The snow obscures them
> and makes them particularly slippery. You can see them by the wheel of the
> car in the foreground:
>
> http://mondociclismo.blogspot.ca/2014/01/watch-tracks.html?m=1

Love it, especially the Rolls :)  And the mist in the distance.  I'd actually
be tempted to try a fairly severe crop to get rid of the two leftmost cars.

> If our cyclist Chris has to swerve around an illegally parked car those
> tracks will have him down in an instant.

I'm getting sick of illegally parked vehicles... A few years ago they wrote a
law to ban the use of cellphones while driving unless they're handsfree.  So
now when someones phone asks for attention they pull over immediately
regardless of driveways, cycleways or yellow lines.  Yeah I know it's better
than texting while driving but you'd think we could learn to ignore a phone for
a couple of minutes.

Rant over :)

Cheers,
Dave