South Africans must have changed since I was there in 1998. We all came back to
where we were staying in Cape Town after a stag night, arriving home at the
same time as the women from their hen party, so we all continued on the roof
until about 3am when there was a shout from the street. We looked down to see a
heavily-bearded Boer type in his pyjamas, carrying a hunting rifle, who shouted
up at us in a strong Afrikaans accent "if you lot don't bloody shut up right
now I'm going to come up there and shoot you all!".

We shut up.