On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:36:29 -0600, David Spaulding wrote:
>>I said:
>>What do you mean? Your sample album doesn't need to be from the
>>same
>>wedding, at least not to start with. I have 2 sample albums I show
>>people, and they have various shots from different weddings. I'm
>>working on my 3rd, and it will be from one wedding...one *very*
>>nice
>>wedding...
>>
>>Who are you using for albums?
>
>Any album is better than nothing, I know...but the 'gem' is having a
>complete wedding. Really helps the sell.

It only helps if you show a wedding that took place in a gorgeous
location, gorgeously lit, with gorgeous people, fantastically shot
from beginning to end. I had to do about 20 before I did one that met
all these standards.

You sounded like you were going to make a  sample album with an
entire wedding in it as soon as you'd shot one...my point is that it
would be better to put together a "best-of" album now rather than
wait for a really nice wedding, or using one that doesn't show you in
your best light.

>I'm not able to offer albums like I wanted to originally. Can't
> keep any in stock...and its more work.

Well, people want albums, least round here they do. Most couples see
their album as the thing they're paying you all that money for - it's
the point of hiring a photographer.

Also, albums are a good way to differentiate yourself, as well as
sell yourself to a more affluent market. A nice, custom-made bound
leather (or wood veneer, or metal)  album is going to put you in a
different category  than a generic pin-hinge job.

tv