Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/01/2014 8:45 AM, Yolanda Rowe wrote:
> > Talk about an over-reach! Sure, the pair (pardon the pun) showed poor
> > judgement. Issuing one indecent exposure ticket and banning the
> > subject and her cellphone shooter from the site would have been
> > sufficient.
> They don't have a hope anyway. It's a frivolous lawsuit. It is perfectly
> legal for a woman to be topless in New York City, and the observation
> deck of the Empire State Building is a well known destination for people
> wanting to take pictures. The pictures were taken for non commercial
> purposes, just like any number of pictures taken on the deck of people
> in front of the skyline.
>
> The management of the building are idiots.

It occurs to me that they might _not_ be idiots.  This may be an attempt
(so a successful) to _deliberately_ invoke the Streisand effect.
However popular it remains as a sightseeing spot, how often do we hear
the Empire State Building talked about these days?  If they push this
just enough to get everybody thinking about the ESB but drop it before
people work up enough Serious Indignation to harm them, they get free
publicity and without having to _look_ like they're trying for it, or to
look like they condone (legal) shirtlessness there).

This may well be why the photographer has only heard through the media
and not directly from the buldng owner's lawyers yet.  They might not
even get around to sending that letter.

                                        -- Glenn